Artist Ric,  R.L. MacLeod is owner of 'aThousandWordsGallery' in the Kingsway Centre. Some of his work can be seen below. 

The Transporter Bridge painted by Ric

Ric states,

I had someone bring me a drone form China a few years ago, as it's half the cost there. Over the last 15 months of running my gallery, I've realised that people wanted to see more of Newport , so used the drone to take a few imaginative shots of the Newport icons. Still haven't gotten down the Transporter Bridge with it though, so ended up painting that instead during lockdown as part of my three-piece 'Surreal Silhouette Sunset Series', encompassing original artwork of Newport's most famous structures.

 'As for me' Ric comments,

I was born in Newport & lived here my whole life. I've done a bit of travelling in my time though, which turned out to be handy when the opportunity arose to open a store in the Kingsway Centre. Although I'd planned for it to solely be an art gallery, I soon realised that a few photographs from my travels could come into play.  I have hundreds of shots which I  post on to Instagram so as to let folk know what I've got to sell in the gallery. 

With regards the gallery, I just wanted to do something different in Newport, something that we've never quite had before. I think I accomplished that at least & although the physical space won't last forever, I've already created a website which I'll be adding all my best images to going forward & for the foreseeable future.









Both phrotographs taken by R.L. MacLeod (owner of aThousandWordsGallery in the Kingsway Centre, Newport), last summer using a drone.



Website: www.athousandwordsgallery.co.uk

Instagram & Facebook: @aThousandWordsGallery



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spytty Pill and Monkey island and City Bridge

Buffalo Bill visits Newport on 16th July 1903 and put on a show in Shaftesbury Park.